Saturday 30 May 2009

Welcome to my World!!


This is the day to day story of my life in a small traditional village on the east coast of the beautiful Greek island of Crete. I spend much of my time in the mountains, looking for and photographing wild flowers, which are my passion. Here is a photo of the main street of my village - where you are more likely to see an old woman on a donkey, or a small flock of sheep or goats, than a car or van. The streets are definitely too narrow for a lorry. My neighbours are mostly Greek, mostly old and very, very kind to me. A piece of cake offered to a neighbour results in the gift of raki, olive oil, wine, or grapes, depending on the season. I live next door to the local kafenion, where Maria makes the best Greek coffee in the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hello.... welcome to blogland such a great place to make freinds and write about so many things.Thankyou for inviting me I look forward to reading your many blogs that you will write.
    faithx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah!! That's better.
    The last one (blog) was too much like a noticeboard..keep that for your website.
    I hope you approve of the photos of you and your backside!! on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am a bit slow to cotton on Jude :-) but I get there in the end. When did you take pictures of my backside???????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with Jude! Well done!

    ReplyDelete